Monday, April 19, 2010

Captured by love?

Well, I know this isn't the most flattering photo, but it is the one that caught my eye.

I am not being held captive by our love seat (would that make me a prisoner of love?) but I am trying to capture/express some ideas for a presentation I'll be making at Adelante Mujer Latina on Saturday.

I will be one of several workshop presenters at the 16th annual event which is typically attended by 1200-1500 young women and their mentors and takes place at Pasadena City College.

It begin at 7:00 a.m. and ends at 3:00. For more information you can go their site - http://aml-pyc.org/

The title of my talk is Community Organizing, Writing, and Teaching. I didn't come up with the title so I now need to make sure that what I share is at least remotely related to said title.

It is surprising and energizing to know that young women have an interest in the more glamorous fields and that there are young women who really want to make a difference in their community.

No comments:

Post a Comment