Wednesday, June 22, 2011

I am sure

I was brought up to be polite. I think I may have had inclination to be that way, but I know, without a doubt, that my parents instilled the concept and the practice, in my very little being.

As an adult a lot of my training with anti-bias work reinforced the desire to be respectful whenever possible. Thank goodness the almost completed minor in Women's History helped me learn to be comfortable saying "no" in a variety of settings.

With this in mind I share that I will not give in to all the folks who are determined to give me an item in a bag - especially a plastic one.

There are lots of places where one can buy multi-use bags. Some of them are really, really attractive. There are some dogs out there, too, but can they be worse looking than the bags below?
So the next time
the person behind the counter asks me, "Are you sure?", when I refuse their logo laden bit of plastic, I will smile and respond, "Yes, I am sure".

No comments:

Post a Comment