Friday, December 14, 2012

The Pánfilo Tales - It's part name, part context

The good sisters at Self Realization Fellowship expressed a particular fondness for Pánfilo.  We had a brief, somewhat informal interview before they entrusted him to our care.  They sent him with things he liked - food, toiletries and toys.  They sent the Halloween costume he wore and the outfit they had bought for him for Christmas.  
Neither James nor I have costumed our critters, but it seemed like they might enjoy a pic of Mr. P in his Santa garb.  
He didn't complain so much as wonder why we were doing what we were doing.  

We took a couple of photos, some more cute than others.  He is rather photogenic, so we had lots from which we could later choose.

And yet, somewhere in his response, or our household's impact, or anyone of a hundred other reasons...


a sort of transformation took place.


And he changed from Doggy Santa to 


Santa Vato.



 If you don't believe me here's the link to Carlos Santana's version of "Oye Como Va".  


Bring up another screen, start it playing and looking at the last four pics, and tell me I'm wrong.

Watchale.


5 comments:

  1. You don't have to dress up your dog to get me to listen to Santana, ever.

    But oh, what a cutie!

    Boz won't even wear a hat. Won't won't won't.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you've got a long leggy supermodel on your hands.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Petrea, It was more the reverse. Seeing him all Sancho Vato brought that organ riff to mind. As far as the costume was concerned, it is a one-time-thing.

    Karin, Don't we know it. What is more fun is his prance. I believe he has springs instead of muscles in his legs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every day is a learning experience. I thought the lyrics were: Oh you come, oh ja.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As a musician I think that after " a couple", it might as well be. Every time I play the song and mess with the images it makes me laugh. I'm good audience material - it doesn't take much.

    ReplyDelete