Friday, April 23, 2010

Junipero Serra faculty

Going into an archives collection is like entering a mysterious new town. In you go, driving around not sure what you'll find, often not sure of the names of things, and usually want to go back and learn more.
The Pasadena Unified School District has allowed me access to areas that deal with the school district history - only those parts that you would find in an open school board session. Which is usually fine for me. If I worked for the district I'd want to have a certain degree of privacy.
There are enough gems and jewels to keep me busy for a long time. Currently I only know that they were teachers at Junipero Serra, which had also been known as South Raymond Ave. Elementary. A picture of the school can be found in "81 years of Public Education in Pasadena" printed in June 1955. I think I could enjoy going to school with a faculty that looked friendly like this group.

No comments:

Post a Comment