Thursday, September 16, 2010

Before the Grito began, I danced with my brothers

Every 16 de Septiembre is unique; a little like birthdays in that way. This year I was fortunate witness the investiture of the new Superintendent/President of PCC - Dr. Mark Rocha. Creveling Conference Room was filled with many; several being elected officials. Lovely folks all.

When the celebration was mostly over James took this less than formal foto with Andre and Kevin, good men that I first met when I was working on Casa Martinez. We first met about 10 years ago. They are dear friends - both served as casket-bearers at my dad's funeral.

So, I don't know if I'll be kicking up my heels next 9/16, or watching an investiture, but I know I'll be having fun if I'm spending time with my hermanitos wherever we might find ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment