Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Full of energy with a resounding voice

I'm writing this on the 100th anniversary of International Women's Day.

It's great to remember battles fought and to celebrate all of the victories that women have won. Great to remember the women who have been outstanding in the ongoing battle to keep women's history alive. Also really fine to remember all the crafts, skills, and wisdom that has developed thanks to the work of women, names known and unknown, and their allies.

And I celebrate the message that is expressed in an artistic manner. I love to see the photo, hear the music, read the poetry or story, or see the visual expression of the idea.

I have become somewhat enamored of the work of a young generation of artists represented here by Favianna Rodriguez.



You may be familiar with her work illuminating Justice for Brisenia, Dream Act, or Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor. I find her work a fusion of color, form, and subjects that are rich and seem to be reflect an energy and voice of the youth of the 21st century.

I find that energy revitalizing.






http://favianna.typepad.com/faviannacom_art_activism/

No comments:

Post a Comment