Thursday, March 24, 2011

What the heck Thursdays - Yet another reason


Our airport is down. So I can only get internet access when I sit in the living room.
While I'm sitting here I have arrived at yet another reason to appreciate xeriscaping.

Yes, there are the eco reasons (their impact on our shared water resources can be great) and the reasons that reflect a return to what Pasadena looked like at the turn of the 20th century, but beyond that there is the lawnmower argument.

Lawnmowers are noisy. Period. I'm not even beginning to talk about the fumes.

There are lots of folks who have lovely lawns. And there are hardworking, diligent folks who come to work to tidy those lawns, accompanied by a cacophony of sounds that break the calm of our quiet street on almost every workday. They come on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Saturday.

Sure reinforces may appreciation of xeriscaping, especially today.

A striped Lawn - Paul Frederickson

1 comment:

  1. I hear you. I hate to put anyone out of work but I can't wait to kill my lawn. I'm going to a workshop to learn how.

    ReplyDelete