Saturday, June 18, 2011

Rounding up with ease

When I turned 41 a Japanese American friend told me about the yakudoshi tradition. As she translated the meaning it had to do with new beginnings. I've since learned that the tradition was originally supposed to be for men and was a time to take care to ward off evil. Ni modo/no matter - it served as a catalyst for me and for my middle-aged dreams.

I began to think about what I wanted to do with the rest of my life. I was fortunate that I could change things in my life so I could pursue those dreams.

As I begin my 60th year I find myself again wondering what I want to do with the the time that is left.

So happy birthday to all of us who are still be able to do things that give meaning to our lives and who still have enough hope in their heart to allow themselves to dream of the future.



No comments:

Post a Comment