Saturday, March 3, 2012

Being Larry

The last couple of days have been spent in several meetings, mostly talking about the PUSD Districting ballot and maps. A week ago I was at El Centro de Acción Social, this past Friday I spent a couple of hours on Friday with the good folks Centro de Educacion del Pueblo. The idea of something fairly theoretical - at large to sub-district areas - is hard to take in any language. The amount of education doesn't relate to folks understanding what is going on. The key seems to be repetitive review and answering a lot of questions.

Saturday I was in meetings for about 6 hours. Don't get me wrong; I'm not really whining. Well, maybe a little. But as my Task Force buddy shared yesterday, we did volunteer for this and the work that is being done is worth every minute.
Still at times I wish that I could be Larry.
He is one of a kind and is extremely capable of just being.

No comments:

Post a Comment