Saturday, April 20, 2013

At the Site of El Hogar

Over the next few weeks I'll be spending some time at this mystery site.  I'll be doing research for a talk I'll be giving on May 19th.  

While I've been to this site before I had never been to the archives.  As I entered the building it felt good to see that this place recycles in a most measured manner.  

There was a good deal of wandering that took place trying to find the right room.  Used the best logic I had, but to no luck.  For about 20 minutes or so.  

There were rooms that had hazardous waste info that was far from reassuring and names for the room that were confusing.  What does one find in a room that is designated GUACAMOLE and has a hazardous waste sign?


Even the rooms that had appropriate sounding names left me wondering what I might really see once the door was opened.


I'll let you know where I was sometime this next week.  Maybe mid-week.

I'll be doing most of my posting this week on the Latino Heritage blog.  


No comments:

Post a Comment