Sunday, June 15, 2014

Father's Day 2014

Em Sedano shared this detail from El Castillo de Chapultepec, Juan O'Gorman's pantheon mural - in honor of Father's Day. I shared the thought that instead of a machete my dad took care of me with hi optimism and his ready smile.  I should have also shared that his work ethic was as constant as it was strong. 


The picture I keep with me of my folks shows another part of who my dad was.  He was proud of his '63 Dodge Dart and kept it in good shape.  

He was also my mom's companion and friend.  
Missing them both this 
Father's Day.



3 comments:

  1. It's a great picture. And, as I understand from the Car Guys, the Dodge Dartre was quite the ticket in its day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He loved it. I believe it was the car I used to help my dad work on. Not much but he had me out there doing things. He didn't get a son, so I lucked out and he shared some dad and son activities with me.
    Mostly they were a sweet couple.

    ReplyDelete