Sunday, August 31, 2014

For love of coffee

My love of coffee is somewhat legendary within my family.  It is the kickstart of my day.  I know that I am receiving a good bit of love when I wake up and the scent of the coffee brewing fills the air.  When we camp with our daughter and her family, I can be sure that the first cup of coffee that my son-in-law pours will be for me.  
That's love.

When I go to Berkeley and get to stay in the Scholar's Retreat I am happy because of: the cost, the views, and the fact that it is the room above some coffee producing machine.  
It truly is a joy to wake up and smell the coffee.

It is a long drive from Pasadena to Portland.  I've learned this in a visceral, nalga numbing way because I've driven the route many a time to visit our daughter and her family in the other Rose City.  In order to not get exhausted or grumpy I like to spread the driving over two days.

I couldn't tell you the number of miles it takes to get halfway between here and there.   But I know that I am nearing a midway point when I see the first Dutch Bros Coffee kiosk.  

http://article.wn.com/view/2014/03/05/Get_free_coffee_Friday_at_newest_Dutch_Bros/

Truth be told, where I stop that Day One driving has, on occasion, been decided by access to Dutch Bros for the start of Day Two driving. 

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurants-g51891-Grants_Pass_Oregon.html

Dutch Bros Coffee is always yummy, the prices are great, and their baristas are the best. There's usually a fine bit of conversation that is accompanied by a smile that seems about as genuine as can be.

http://beastandbean.wordpress.com

 There's yet to be a time when it felt like the order I placed was a bother.


Then there's the container.  Brought one home to share with you.


How could one not smile?




No comments:

Post a Comment