Sunday, October 3, 2010

Unveiling History

I live a pretty cool, if somewhat mundane, life. Day to day chores help set the rhythm of my day. When I look in the mirror I see both the gardener and the cleaning woman for our house. There are regular times for feeding the dog, watering the plants, and starting the dishwasher.

And then there are those un-mundane moments.

This coming Friday at the Central library during ArtNight at 7:00 I'll be sharing some history of the Latino community as part of the unveiling of Pasadena Digital History Collaboration.

The work of this collaboration will bring the breadth of the history of our city and the San Gabriel Valley to more people. I'm happy to share that Latino Heritage is one of the members of this collaboration.

Here's hoping that you will experience ArtNight and will come by the Technology Learning Center.
6:00 Introduction of the project - Linda Stewart
7:00 History of Latinos - Roberta H. Martínez
8:00 Oral historyes of the Nisei in the San Gabriel Valley - Dr. Susie Ling
8:30 History of the Rose Bowl - Michelle L. Turner


2 comments:

  1. Wishing you many un-mundane moments at Friday's event, Roberta. It sounds like an exciting collaboration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lori. I am sure that it will be exciting and fun.

    ReplyDelete