Saturday, January 29, 2011

Moving as fast as I can while thinking

This is a week that was. Lots covered, not a lot of down-time to reflect or to write.
The week began with a sharp response to some food that I ate on Sunday. I was happy to see Monday leave and to have Tuesday follow in its wake.
Tuesday brought an opportunity to do one of the things I have come to love. I sat back, mostly, and was privy to a conversation between Danny Castro, Sr. and Sergio Lopez. Mr. Castro and Sergio's dad had been partners in what became the Latin Supper Club Danzon - flourishing in what we now know as Old Pasadena.
The meeting was set to begin at 5 and I thought it would be done by 6. I was oh so wrong. We began early and actually finished almost 4 hours later.
And what history was shared.
In the course of the story there was a millionaire, an actor/composer/dance instructor, an entrepeneur, Old Pasadena, KWKW, Teddy Fregoso, as well as a tip of the hat to Mickey Rooney, Elizabeth Taylor, and Rudolph Valentino.
I'll share more of this in the next few days, but I need to absorb and distill to share with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment