Thursday, May 26, 2011

At the Concert at Channel Islands

Lots going on in my mind. I'm behind on prep for parade & jamaica - this year's date is October 15th. Our website is being revised as soon as it's ready, believe me I'll be shouting from the rooftops.

Wasn't sure when and where I was going to share this image, but here we are. This was taken at the Cal St. Channel Islands concert/performance by Ixya Herrera, Maria Elena Gaitan, Willie Herron and Xiuy Velo. It was stunning!

The campus is stunning, too. No longer exclusively mission-styled, there are some cool minimalist feeling areas like this science building.

I also took this picture at the concert-had to. Each person is videotaping or iPhoning images of the concert. It was all I could do to not laugh outloud as I watched them; each intent on capturing the moment.
Photo quality isn't great, but come on now, it probably made you chuckle.
Sometimes that's reason enough.

http://www.csuci.edu/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camarillo_State_Mental_Hospital

No comments:

Post a Comment